Friday, December 19, 2008

Who I am.

I tend to have this belief that most people are inherently better than me. I suppose it's not a horrible way to live, I could be believing that I am better than most people. 

But it also means I'm a victim of believing that even if someone is irritating and hurts my feelings they must be doing something right because they are better than me. They have more friends and are more fun and are perfect in each and every way. I know this isn't true, but it's what I often believe.

It occurred to me the other day that I have a pretty amazing life. I have more friends than anyone could wish for, I am fun to be around and I am...well, I'm not perfect, but I am me. And me is sometimes awkward and sometimes shy and sometimes angry and unfair and out of line. 

But it's the life and the personality that God gave me. I will strive to be better every day, but I think I also need to focus on my strengths. Because they are plentiful, even if I can't always see them.

No comments: