Saturday, December 13, 2008

I'm going to regret this entry if anyone I know finds this blog.

People, I'm in my early twenties. I grew up with Backstreet Boys, Nsync, 98 degrees, etc.

I was too late for New Kids on the Block. However, I do remember Joey McIntyre's (I spelled his name right on the first try...that's disturbing) single, Stay the Same. 

I loved it. A lot.

My friend recently let me burn some of her CDs and I found this song on it and I got all excited because I hadn't heard it since I was fifteen or so. Anyway, I was listening to it and I don't remember it being so inspirational. It's a happy little song, despite the high-level of embarrassment associated with enjoying a song from any member of NKOTB. Well, enjoying any song from the era when I was a teenager. We may have not had good music, but it was all we had. So maybe "Bye Bye Bye" or "Mmmbop" or "Stay the Same" won't make any best songs of the century lists, but they have a soft spot in my heart.

No comments: