Sunday, December 7, 2008

Lucky.

I'm Irish. I'm lucky. It's in my blood.

Certain things have happened that should get me down. Things that should make me think, why me? or, this is terrible! but all I feel is lucky. I can't take on the illnesses of my family members, or my friends' heartache, but I can feel lucky for not having to experience it personally. That does not meet that I don't hurt for them, or that I have a "better them than me" approach. I simply mean that there is a reason that God put me on this earth for 21 years without so much as removed tonsils. Nothing in my body has gone bad. The only time I've ever stayed overnight in the hospital was my birth.

I'm lucky.

It really puts things into perspective. It makes me want to live more fully because I've been given the precious gift of health. It makes me think God wants more for me because He didn't give me any big burdens to carry. He made me lucky, now it's my job to do something with it.

And so I shall.

No comments: