Friday, December 5, 2008

It's not supposed to go like that...or maybe it is.

The longer I live, the more I realize that God doesn't give you anything you can't handle. He fits the back to the burden, to use the phrase.

I've been trying to figure out why bad things happen to good people. It seems senseless that someone can be living so fully and have the rug pulled out from under them. It's not fair, it's not right, but invariably they find a way to handle it that is far superior to the way the rest of us can.

Perhaps it's just the human will to live. Even though I don't think I could deal with half what some of my family members have to deal with, provided the situation you will find a way to deal with it. But I like to think that things happen for a reason, and that it's all a part of God's plan. 

It makes me think that everyone has a challenge in their life. It varies from person to person and situation to situation, but we all have a challenge. I wonder what mine is, because for all intents and purposes my life has gone pretty well. That makes me think that my challenge is to be stronger for the people that need my strength. I am painfully selfish sometimes, and that's not what people need. People need me to share my strength and stability. Sure, it's on the light end of challenges. People have to deal with no legs and cancer and mental issues, so trying not to be selfish isn't all that bad. Which makes me think that the point of my life, what I'm really here for, is yet to be seen. I'm young, it'll show itself one day. For now, I'll just work on being as strong and as good as possible so I can deal with whatever life has in store the way others deal with it naturally.

No comments: