Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The most wonderful time of the year, indeed

iTunes is giving out free Christmas music! Okay, so they give out free songs every week, but this week they happened to give out my absolute, unconditional favorite Christmas song, "Oh Holy Night" (this version by Faith Hill, but I like almost every version). They're also giving out "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" by Brian McKnight. Check it out if you have iTunes!

I sound like an iTunes advertisement haha.

Moving along, for some reason one of my favorite sounds is the slidey-pluck sound acoustic guitars make when you play slow songs. I don't know if that accurately describes the sound, but it usually happens in the beginnings of songs and it's so beautiful. This is one of the reasons that I feel like I need to marry a musician (professional or amateur, but probably amateur because I'd get too lonely if he went on tour or something). Something about guitarists attracts me (and half the female population, I believe). And I like the idea he could write a song about me or our children. I think I can relate with people that know how to lay out their feelings in word, because it's the only way I can.

I like trumpets, too. But I suppose they aren't as soulful as guitars. But they do conform to my obsession with the 1940s. 

I'm seeing more Christmas decorations around. Not on campus, but around. Ask and ye shall receive, apparently. 

I love December.

No comments: