Monday, December 8, 2008

17 days til Christmas?

My state college campus is very strict about not having holiday decorations. I understand why, because they would have to present either every religion or none at all. A bough of holly or a red ribbon would mean people would complain about how they were just decorating for christmas. I can imagine it's a headache for the people that run the university.

However, it's hard to get in the Christmas spirit when nothing looks like Christmas. I got a little rush when I saw some Christmas trees in people's windows the other day. It's my own light at the end of the tunnel of finals and end-of-semester stress. It's a reminder of all the happy things coming up.

Next year, I need to decorate my own place more. The university won't show any holiday spirit, but I can. For now I'll settle for wearing holiday colors and playing Christmas music on my iPod.

No comments: