Tuesday, December 16, 2008

This and that

Today my professor told me to have a lovely holiday or something. I brightly said "thank you!" then walked off. I was about fifteen feet away when I realized I didn't say "you too!" but I was too far away at that point. I felt so guilty.

I have this flower poster across from my bed. I placed it there kind of randomly, but it's something for me to focus on when I'm on the phone on my bed. I'm like a baby looking at a mobile or something. My favorite are this flower:

I was looking at poppys to find a good picture of the one in my poster, and I happened upon this one. I know poppys (poppies?) are generally associated with veterans day and memorial day, which I think is lovely. But I like "lest we forget" overall. We all forget things in our lives--that we are special, that life is a gift, and the like. I don't want to forget. Neither do I want to forget all the men that gave their lives for the preservation of the free world.

On my sidebar I put a link to the Nie Nie Recovery website - it was her blog that got me started on writing about happy things, so I thought I should show my support. Not that anyone really reads this, but I want to honor her gift for inspiring a lot of people to live a little better and focus a little more on the positive.

No comments: