Thursday, December 25, 2008

There's a positive message in here somewhere

I didn't get to go to church yesterday. I wasn't happy about it. In fact I was angry.

But maybe sometimes life isn't about the big holidays, and I think that's something I've learned in other situations. Maybe it's not about church on Christmas, but it's church on a random day in April or I don't know, something.

Also! I got to see the nativity. And the altar. We had tried to go to the later mass, but it ended up being much later. However, the cathedral had cleared out and we got better seats. And I was able to flip through the hymnal. So there was a positive aspect to it. I hope God understands. Because maybe I didn't get to have the body of Christ or sing my favorite songs, but I am insanely happy for the birth of Christ. I am happy this year to be able to fully appreciate that this year I could truly, as "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" says, hail the incarnate deity.

Happy Birthday, Jesus. Happy Christmas to the rest of you.

No comments: