Sunday, December 21, 2008

All I can give is love

I've spent much of my youth incredibly hard on myself. I never entirely believed that anyone would want to love me, which probably explained my problems. But now I know differently.

Whoever marries me is lucky, or so I chose to believe. Not that I am the greatest person ever, but simply that I can love someone. I like doing things for people and holding hands and hugs and I think I could make someone feel truly loved and appreciated. I'm not perfect. There are times when my husband (or boyfriend, or what have you) will get mad at me and not want to look at me and we'll make each other cry. I'm not expecting a life full of joy, because that's unrealistic. But I am prepared to love someone to the best of my ability. 

And isn't that all anyone really wants?

No comments: