Friday, February 6, 2009

Love Month, Day 6: Won't you take my hand, darling, on that old dance floor

It's funny how much four years can change you.

I suppose that is true throughout our lives. A newborn is very different from a four-year-old. An eight-year-old is very different from a twelve-year-old. A thirteen-year-old is very different from a....well, you get my point. 

My college career has changed me, mostly for the better. It's strange to see the new freshman acting like I once was. As different as humans are, we are largely the same as we travel through life. We are all human, after all.

I am relatively young, and yet I have tired of the wild and crazy lifestyle of a young person. I look back fondly on my years of spreading my wings and experiencing new things, but I am so excited about venturing on to the next phase of my life. 

I am so, so happy to be equipped with a newfound optimism about my future. It's like being born again, which I also feel like happens throughout our lives. We are ever-evolving, ever realizing that what worked for us at one point no longer fits. We grow physically, emotionally, spiritually. 

In this respect I realize there is nothing to fear about the future. All I need to do is look forward with open eyes and progress along this journey of life as best I can.

No comments: