Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Love Month, Day 23: Time, time, time

It's late. 

It's actually the 24th, even though I wrote day 23. It's only been day 24 for 17 minutes. Cut a girl some slack. 

I should have been asleep 17 minutes ago, too. But alas I can't sleep. It happens sometimes. It's strange how, even when I live alone, I can notice when I'm up past my bedtime and that quiet comes over the world. I've spent most of my life with this time alone. My body and sleep are not the best of friends. I always think it'll be good when I have my babies, because I don't need much sleep.

(I'm sure I'll regret those words when the day comes though.)

A lot of times I think about how such and such a task or such and such an aspect of my personality will be useful when I get married and have children. I know that such thoughts are useless, and that I put too much stock in future happiness and not present happiness. 

I don't know that that is true. I think I'm just ready to have my own life. It's strange how certain changes are slow and yet fast. A few years ago, I would have wanted nothing more than to go home to my parents. Now, I want my own life. I don't know when the change happened, but oh boy, it happened. I can't wait to build a house and build love and just be.

It all takes time, I suppose. But I am impatient. And sleepless. Restless, maybe.

No comments: