Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Love Month, Day 3: Oh my heart

Every time I see a particular group of my friends, my heart aches with happiness. I don't see them often, so perhaps distance does make the heart grow fonder.

Maybe this is a universal feeling, but I know I personally leave tiny bits of my heart with everyone I care about and so when I see these people it's like an empty part of my heart is filled up again. 

Well, I suppose that makes me sound like I have a half-empty heart, but I don't feel that way. Maybe my heart is like electricity, where its constantly running but sometimes it surges. Maybe this feeling is indicative of not having enough love in my life. While that may be true, I feel like the lack is also a blessing.

This is because I feel extremely lucky to be (relatively) old and still have an excitable heart. I am glad to not be too used to love that I am jaded by it. I do believe it will be an asset in my future, to some degree. I hope I am able to maintain this throughout my life. 

No comments: