Monday, February 2, 2009

Love Month, Day 2: This Kind of Love.

I am absolutely obsessed with This Kind of Love by Sister Hazel.

This kind of love makes me feel ten feet tall
It makes all my problems fall
This kind of trust helps me to hold the line
I'll be there every time

I want this to be my wedding song. Well, I mean that in a kind of abstract way, because it seems silly to pick a wedding song before you have a groom. But what I like about this song is that it approaches love as a kind of quiet, humble thing. I mean I guess the words aren't too unlike any other song about love, but it seems like the lyrics are conveying a message of love making you a better person, or at least want to be a better person. It doesn't feel like love on a pedestal.

This kind of love, it's what I dreamed about
Yeah fills me up, baby it leaves no doubt
This kind of love is why I'm standing here
It's something that we can share
I can't get enough of this kind of love

Obviously this song is about romantic love, but I think it applies to many different situations. The love my friends and family have showed me constantly inspires me to be a better person. However, I can't wait to share the kind of love between a husband and a wife, because it seems like a heightened kind of love. Partially because our hearts are much more invested. I hope that whenever I get married that it is a good kind of love can last us for the rest of our lives.

This kind of hope is what I tried to find
And now I can't deny I believe
This kind of faith is so unshakable
It's unmistakable, it's bigger than me

This particular verse reminds of my newfound spirituality. Having newly come into true faith, I am constantly taken aback by how wonderful it feels to be led by something bigger than myself. It makes it a lot easier to get through each day when I take the time to think about my blessings and all the great things that await me.

Your love can move mountains
It makes my world go round
It's always there to guide me
I'm so lucky that I've found this kind of love

This is another verse that I feel is more universal. Even if we don't have a significant other, the love in our life is so important. I really do feel so lucky to have as much love as I do, even if it isn't perfect.

No comments: