Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Love Month, Day 10: Live the life you love, love the life you live.

I am absolutely terrible at loving my own life.

I'm working on it. I really am. But some part of my brain is hardwired to remember my faults and everyone else's victories. When you live 24 hours a day, seven days a week with yourself, it's hard to remember that there is goodness inside yourself.

I kind of think it's like how when we're on vacation and our family or friends drive us crazy because we have to spend virtually all our time with them. It's tempting to lose sight of what you love about someone because there is so much that is irritating you in the here and now. 

My mantra with my friends that irritate my most is they mean well. Even if someone drives me insane, they usually (i hope) aren't doing it intentionally. I suppose it'd be helpful to repeat that to myself as well. 

No comments: