Thursday, February 5, 2009

Love Month, Day 5: More love

Sometimes I get impatient with my loved ones. We all do. Of course, I feel like my brain is especially equipped to go from zero to thinking of the most evil thing I could say to a person in sixty seconds. 

Thankfully I know how to bite my tongue.

I've also recently developed the ability to step back and ask myself if getting angry is worth it. I think it comes with age, I don't necessarily believe I've made some discovery others haven't been making for centuries. I think we all get to that point where we mature enough to think about what we're doing before we swing back.

I try and replace my anger with love. Generally my frustration is derived from the person trying to help and failing rather than them intentionally irritating me. I'm not perfect, and I'm probably still more cross to people than I should be, but amongst my many failures it's nice to notice when you are doing something right, sometimes, somewhat.

No comments: