Thursday, April 9, 2009

Further indication I was born in the wrong decade.

As a preface, I am a history major. I have spent the last four years of my life entirely devoted to, and entirely in love with, history. But it makes you wish you could go back and live during those times. Except, there is one thing I like about living right now. 2 words: Indoor plumbing.

Anyway.

I really like Claude Debussy's music. It's so beautiful and romantic and timeless. It makes me wish I could go back in time 100 years and be in a big ballroom with a gorgeous dress on sitting next to a handsome man in a tux while the piano music floats across the floorboards. I want to go home in a carriage, the music still playing in my ears, and shut off the gas lights before going to bed. I want to write hand-written letters and have tea parties and go through long walks through gardens with parasols.

I want my life to be a scene out of The Age of Innocence. It seems so romantic.

Until a time machine is invented, I will sit here and listen to the music and imagine all the lovely things that history has to offer.

No comments: