Tuesday, April 14, 2009

be a light to the world.


I'm having a lot of fun with picnik. This is another quote from a Philosophy product. I really really love their quotes. I'm sure you'll see more on this blog as time goes by.

One of the simplest but most delightful pleasures in my life is pens. Not the fancy ones, just the twelve-pack bics or something. I take so many notes, so I like when the words just flow right from my hand without my letters looking sloppy. Today my favorite blue pen ran out in the middle of a test. I had another one handy but I mourned the loss of my favorite pen. Que sera, sera.

In unrelated news, my hair recently got long enough for me to pull it into a ponytail after seven long months of a sweet little bob. I loved my short hair, but man do I like ponytails. Especially when I'm having an unfavorable hair day.

To add further to the randomness of this post, I don't think there's anything Taylor Swift can write that is bad. She could probably write about...well, blue pens and ponytails and it would sound so pretty. Not to mention she's got a killer head of hair. Blonde and curly, the antithesis of my head.


...well, at least my hair doesn't puff up on rainy days. that's the one blessing of stick-straight hair.

One song I really like is "Fifteen" by Taylor Swift. My favorite line is "'cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you, you're gonna believe them" it's so true. At that age everything is life or death and you are so sure that what you feel is true love sent straight from God. Seriously, listen to that song. It reads almost verbatim of my freshman year of high school. I look back on that time fondly, because everything was so new and exciting. As much pain as there was, when it was good, oh it was good. I'm glad to have the experiences I did.

I've been having trouble lately keeping my head above water, for reasons not worth mentioning in my blog about positivity. The reason I say this is because I recognize some of my posts are going nowhere and aren't particularly blogworthy, but I'm scraping at the bottom of the barrel. So please bear with me as I desperately try to cling on to the beauty in life.

No comments: