Sunday, November 16, 2008

T-minus 39 days.

I've been listening to Christmas music like it's going out of style.

One of my new favorites is Believe by Josh Groban

My favorite line is "there's no time to waste, there's so much to celebrate"

I know it's about Christmas, but I like to apply it to my whole life. There really is no time to waste when it comes to celebrating how beautiful life is. It's tempting to wait for the perfect moment, or a fresh start, or the future. But the celebration needs to begin now. Because there really is so much to celebrate about life. Even in the boring moments, even in the sad moments, even in the hard moments. 

Despite my love of celebration, I'm afraid of this Christmas. It's going to be different, because of a death in the family. We lost my uncle, the guy who always lit up the room (only the good die young). No matter who it was that died, we lost a piece of our family puzzle. It'll hurt, knowing he isn't there to celebrate with us, to laugh, to joke, to enjoy the food and music. But pain is a part of life. All we can do is respect the dead and make the best of what we've got while we're here.

And you know what? I have a feeling that Christmas in heaven is so much better than here on earth. 

No comments: