Monday, November 17, 2008

The Good Things

I thought about writing a diatribe about the things going wrong in my life. Then I realized, that's not why I started this blog. This blog is meant for me to remember the good in life even when I'm in the thick of the bad. 

And so, without further adieu, I present the good things about my day and life:
-I have a warm bed to sleep in tonight. And a stomach full of a hot dinner. 
-I had the most delicious cinnamon raisin bagel with walnut raisin cream cheese today. I'm pretty sure God sent those down from heaven just for me.
-I filled my gas tank for 20 dollars today. So! Exciting!
-I'm pretty sure I annoyed everyone in my class today with my incessant talking. Why is this a good thing? Because I spent many, many, many years of my life too scared to speak up in class for fear of looking stupid. I'm so happy to have gotten past that. It gives me faith that I can get through other things.
-I worked out today.
-I watched a sad TV show that reminded me of the death. This a good thing because I remembered all the good that came out of the death, like realizing how precious my life is.
-I got everything done that I set out to do today.

It was a good day. It really was.

No comments: