Saturday, November 22, 2008

new make-up, just in time for the holidays.

Today I went to the mall, to buy new makeup because what I have is too dark. This is a combination of my skin losing all summer color and the fact I've been stubborn towards accepting the fact my skin is very, very light and buying a darker makeup will not do anything to make me look pretty and tan, it just makes me look...like I don't know how to do my makeup.

Nevertheless, off to Sephora I trekked. After I'd collected the palest of pale mineral makeup, I looked around for some new tinted moisturizer, because that's also too dark. This led to one of the Sephora workers offering to do my makeup. I said sure, partially because every time I get my makeup done I feel so doggone pretty and I have not felt pretty in a while.

This woman clearly knew what she was doing. Ten minutes later, I looked like a supermodel. My eyes popped, my face was aglow. It looked so awesome that I was tempted to buy every product she'd put on my face, but that would have been well over 200 dollars. So I did what any self-respecting college kid would do: I went and bought the colors at Target.


check out my loot (bare minerals not from target, of course)

I re-did my makeup tonight, and it looks okay. I mean, obviously they are not the high end products, but they do the job. Naturally, the biggest change was the mineral powder. Hoo boy, wearing the wrong color is just...wrong.

Shortly thereafter, I did one of my favorite things, which was to put on my favorite red lipstick that I'm too shy to wear in public.


red lipstick makes those blue eyes pop

I can't decide if it's grown up and sassy or just clown lipstick. So for now, I just wear it around my apartment. I also can't decide if I want photos of me on my blog. I don't even think I have any readers, and I don't even know if my family members can some how google and find me, but all of that is shadowed by the fact I started blogging because I fell in love with bloggers that happen to post a lot of pictures. So I'll throw caution to the wind, especially since this blog isn't going to be a place for juicy details. Just light and airy information, designed to make me happier.

I'm still in the throes of a rough phase, but new makeup makes it easier. So does my ever-present desire to focus on the positive side of things, even if it's hard sometimes.

No comments: