Friday, November 14, 2008

The "I Love" List

From Jennie at shelikespurple.com: I challenge you to make your own list. The only catch? You can't include a single person you know on your list. No "I love the way my husband laughs" or "I love hearing my little girl call for me." It'll be tough, I know. But this particular little exercise is about stripping away everyone who defines you and figuring out what you (not his partner; not their mother/daughter/sister/friend) love.

I love turkey sandwiches, on a sub roll, with lettuce, tomato, mayo, and provolone cheese. I love it with a side of salty chips. I love my bed. I love sleeping in late. I love spontaneous trips to target, or a restaurant, or nowhere. I love thanksgivings and christmases. I love making pies, and then seeing how happy they are that I made it. I love God. I love all the beautiful things God has blessed me with. I love greasy sausage pizza with lots of parmesan cheese on top. I love my shower curtain. I love googling bible quotes. I love LOLcats. I love PostSecret on Sunday morning. I love the framed four-leaf clover on my desk, there to remind me of how lucky I am. I love good-smelling shampoos and conditioners. I love Christmas decorations. I love Christmas music, which I'm already listening to, even though it's only November 14. I love music in general. I love steak and potatoes, with fried onion strings on top. I like raisin nut bread, with real butter spread on top. I love the excitement of seeing someone I haven't seen in a while. I love history. I love that Obama is our president-elect. I love the two pictures of the Virgin Mary that are right over my bed. I love cute dresses. I love cute aprons. I love cute flats, even if I am 5 feet and should be wearing heels more often. I love my heart ring. I love taking pictures. I love my computer. I love my eyes. I love football games, and tailgates. I love music of all kinds. I love music that moves me, to tears, to dance, to work toward getting better. I love men. I love the smell of cologne and sweat mixed together under a dress shirt. I love boy's smiles, and their hair, and the way they are. I love that I can find the good in people. I love baking bread. I love throwing parties. I love me. 

No comments: