Wednesday, November 19, 2008

the lovely years

I just discovered a new song, lovely years by fisher.

It's about parenthood, about how lovely it is. While I have never had any children, I can relate to the lovely years. Because they happen all the time. If you tinker with a few verses, it could explain my college career.

It's been lovely. Not without pain and heartache and stress, but still so lovely and beautiful and perfect in it's imperfection. I wouldn't trade a moment of my life, not for the world.

I mean, we all wish for better things. Better grades, better hair, better skin, better boyfriends, everything. But I have a belief that life is progressing how it's meant to, and that while this moment may not be perfect in the traditional way, but it's lovely. Because, right now, this moment, is beautiful, and a gift. And because I know my life is headed somewhere amazing. And whatever path I happen down will be the right one, because it's my path, and it's God's path, and it's amazing.

And I hope, and I wish, and I wonder, that it will head down an aisle toward a blue-eyed man, so we can have some fun and then get down to the nitty-gritty of what this song is really written for. 

Because I believe that if we wish hard enough, and put in a little effort, we will get what we want, and what we need.

And what we want, and what we need, are the lovely years. Children, no children, Spouse, no Spouse, College, no college...all lovely years, because they are our years.

No comments: