Monday, July 20, 2009

Light on the horizon


Life has been emotionally challenging in the past month. As a result I have spent entirely too much time in my apartment, unable to summon the energy to do something with my day.

Tonight I decided that's that. If I'm going to get out of this funk I've got to do it myself. I cannot wait for things to get better for my mood to improve. Mainly because it could extend a very long time. And each day I feel bits of myself slipping away.

So I'm reclaiming my life. Tomorrow I'm going to do something with my day, and I'm going to enjoy it. The same thing goes for the next day, and the day after that.

Sometime along the course of nine weeks of unemployment I think I lost myself. Not completely, and I'm sure saying that makes me sound exceptionally melodramatic, but I think I did. I lost the part of myself that hoped and dreamed and believed that things would work out, believed in myself. But I'm going to find her. I simply cannot live this way anymore. Enough is enough.

No comments: